Since our inception in 1985, the South Coast Hospice leadership has decided patients and their families should not be burdened by the cost of hospice care. We know they are already overwhelmed and don’t need an extra challenge.
Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance programs provide approximately 72% of the costs for us to provide quality and compassionate care for our patients. Therefore, it is necessary to seek other funding sources to ensure everyone has access to this care, regardless of their insurance coverage.
To make up the difference, South Coast Hospice has many ways for community members to support our mission, and more importantly, our patients and their loved ones.
- Grants from foundations and funds.
- Donations of cash:
- General Fund (Wherever most needed)
- Underfunded Patient Care Program
- Bereavement Support
- Caregiver Support
- Purchase of SCH Thrift Store gift certificates to donate to agencies that help local residents in need. You are helping South Coast Hospice receive funding for our services and community members get the goods they need.
- Sponsorships of our events:
- Art on the Bay
- Volunteer Training & Appreciation
- Caregiving Workshops and Presentations
- Name South Coast Hospice & Palliative Care Services, Inc. in rewards programs where you shop. We are currently enrolled in:
- Fred Meyers
- Are you on Facebook? Consider doing a fundraiser for South Coast Hospice. 100% of the funds raised will come to our organization. If you need help, contact Doreen at firstname.lastname@example.org